WELCOME TO KOOTENAI COUNTY INDICATORS!
Thank you for visiting the Kootenai County Indicators website, an online community resource offering a centralized location to learn more about Kootenai County, Idaho. Over 125 indicators are highlighted, all supported by trusted, reliable sources and continually updated.
These measures were chosen by residents of the Kootenai County through a careful process and represent the preferences of what to measure from the available data. As you begin to examine the nine main categories, we hope you find the information relevant and useful in your daily work and decision-making.
The Kootenai County Indicators project seeks to improve local, public decision making by providing relevant data in an easily navigable website. The data provided on this website is offered as neutral information. We leave it up to the citizens to apply the information according to their individual value judgment.
More specifically, the goals are:
- To collect and share a broad spectrum of information to support informed decision making by individual community members, governmental policy makers, non-governmental organizations, businesses, researchers and the press.
- To benchmark Kootenai County Indicators against Washington State trends or other comparable communities.
- To enable analysis of these trends.
In determining which data sets would be used, the following guidelines were followed:
- Important to large numbers of the community
- Valid measurements defined by good science and social science
- Understandable to a lay audience